Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sampler Stitching

This year I decided not to sign up for Sal's, as I wanted to try and do some other things. However, I did sign up on the Scarlet Letter Facebook group for that Sal. I have been wanting to stitch a sampler and thought this might help push me to do it. They voted on different ones and ended picking the top 4. I chose Mary Ann Michell circa 1810.


We were to start on January 1, but we had company for a few days so mine got started a little late. Here's what I have so far,


I've been stitching on another piece but can't show pics right now.
I've also ordered a punch needle pattern, thought I would give this another try. I tried it about 7 years ago and just didn't find any patterns that I really liked and wasn't quite sure what to do with the piece when I finished it. I've seen a lot more of it lately.
So we'll see how it goes.

No comments: