Thursday, April 7, 2011

Swap Received and a Finish

I participated in a spring swap hosted by Parsley and yesterday I received my swap from my partner Jill . As it turns out I had the same person that had my name. I received the cutest little spring hand towel with chicks on it, a little scratch pad and ribbon, also a cute little bear figure. And pretty spring colors of DMC. For the handmade item she made a biscornu. It is so cute with bunnies and chicks and carrots on it. She says it was her first time making a biscornu, but she did a beautiful job.Thank you so much Jill.   
I finally got around to doing this pattern I have had for a few months. The stitching went fine, it was when I was doing the finishing that  I had problems. What you would think would take  probably an hour at the least to do, took forever for me to do. At least it seems that way. I'm not good with sewing machines. But I guess all in all it turned out ok. The pattern is called Journal Rose by Crabapple Hill.

4 comments:

VegasJilly said...

I am glad you received your package! Hope you enjoy them!

Babs in Alabama said...

Journal rose is such a pretty name and piece. I think I saw that very biscornu at Poppy Creations this morning. One very like it anyway. My fingers were itching to click on it but didn't. It is so cute and Jill did a good job. A happy package for sure!
hugs,
babs

Parsley said...

Wonderful goodies!! Happy Spring and thanks for joining in the swap!

VegasJilly said...

I did get the pattern from poppy creations website! Its by barbara ana. She has many cute biscornu designs!