Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mail Day & A Finish

I participated in a Humbug Exchange at  Stitchin Fingers and this is the humbug I received from Melissa. She couldn't find a pattern for a humbug,so she adapted a design from a band sampler. She didn't know that I really like the bargello look so I just love this little humbug. It couldn't be more perfect for me.It is such delicate stitching.

Also the Hand Embroidery group at Stitcher's showcase was doing a challenge on the stem stitch and I made this little ornament.It is a design by Bird Brain Designs. Most of the Redwork I have done is by using the back stitch. I think I like using stem stitch better.Anyway I need to practice my stitches on this more, I have a pattern for a pillow I want to make.

I have finally finished stitching all the biscornus for Please Pass the Biscornu exchange. The gal who started the exchange dropped out of sight early on and no one heard from her, then she closed the blog down so we all had to wing it. It was a little frustrating since that was my very first exchange.I'm told not all exchanges are that way.The humbug exchange went very well.
I'll try to remember to take some pics of my wip when I get the camera back out.

1 comment:

Whytefeather said...

Hi Sheila! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!
What is a humbug? That little bag(?) is beautiful :) I hope your next exchange goes better, I've not seen one fall apart so badly as that one sounds.