Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just a little late..

i

 in posting  my TU SAL jar for July. There's a little progress but not alot of pics to show, since I'm still doing the biscornu's for Please Pass the Biscornu exchange. 









 I found this design at Rainbow Gallery.I t is charted needlepoint designed by Laura J. Perin Designs for Rainbow Gallery. I love all forms of needlework and want to learn needlepoint one day, (I can do some of the stitches) I decided to try this. I really enjoyed doing it. I decided to use what was called for in the pattern  because I really liked the colors, so I had to order the floss.  Now to decide how to finish it, whether to frame it or make it into a little cushion.Maybe even a box top.

I've got a couple of pieces in the works I need to finish and I am waiting on more threads to arrive to do another charted needlepoint design on there website.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Your piece is very pretty and I think that you're off to a great start with the needlepoint. You should look on Amazon for a book that teaches you stitches. That's how I learned. It's incredible how the piece looks with all the different stitches on it.

FIONA said...

Lovely stitching Sheila - I love canvas work and needlepoint and I'm pretty sure you will too!! Great work!!

Wendy said...

This is so pretty! I love the colours you've used, it's a bit like a jewel.
I haven't yet posted my TUSAL jar at all, I have no idea when the new moon is! I guess I should find out...